About our free training
Currently we are offering free zoom training in a supportive environment for Manchester residents and organisations
- Challenge mental health myths and stereotypes
- Increase understanding of mental health issues and the impact they have on a person’s life
- How to support someone who is feeling suicidal
- Increase knowledge and confidence when supporting people with mental health issues
- Recognise the impact Covid-19 has on our mental health
- Gain insight into the changeability of our mental health – there is no normal response to a pandemic
- Understand how stress and anxiety can impact on our coping mechanisms to deal with covid post lockdown
- Look at different ways we can cope and what can help build our resilience
- To share ideas and coping techniques in a supportive and caring group
- What are suicidal feelings and who is more at risk?
- How can I help someone with suicidal feelings?
- What should I do if someone discloses to me that they are suicidal?
- What’s a support plan?
- How can I support myself?
This course is delivered in a very supportive environment and our trainer will be available after the course to offer any further guidance or support.
- Guidance in overcoming anxiety and building resilience in difficult situations
- Improving personal boundaries
- Learning different assertive techniques to apply to everyday situation
- Recognising our current levels of resilience and emotional wellbeing
- Improving our personal ‘tool kit’ to increase our resilience and wellbeing
- Tools that help including CBT and mindfulness
To find out the current course schedules and for more information about the free community training we offer please see our event calendar, click on the link titles above to book your place directly, or call 0161 769 5732 or email us.
Due to funding restrictions we can only accept applications from people living in the city of Manchester, i.e. those with postcodes beginning ‘M’ followed by 1, 2, 3 (Manchester not Salford), 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (Manchester not Trafford), 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 40 or 90.