About Manchester Mind membership
Becoming a member of Manchester Mind can bring real benefits to our work and to wider society. We are developing a membership scheme that is active in shaping our strategic direction.
Manchester Mind promotes and encourages member participation within all our activities and services. We want to establish a culture and values that support each individual’s contribution, whilst maintaining the charity’s purpose.
You can find out more information about who we are and what we do, about our services, latest news and events.
Who can become a member?
We welcome applications for membership from:
- Service users of Manchester Mind who are over the age of 16
- Carers of Manchester Mind service users
- Active volunteers in Manchester Mind
- Individuals of 16 years and over who are interested in furthering the work of Manchester Mind and who support its vision, values and aims
Why become a member?
By becoming a member, you’ll play a vital role in our work to make sure everyone experiencing a mental health problem in Manchester gets the support and respect they deserve. Other benefits include:
- Regular e-newsletter, which includes our latest news and information about local events
- Invite to our Annual General Meeting – vote for our Trustees
Become a member and we’ll keep you up-to-date with our latest news and events. We’ll also support you to get your voice heard on mental health issues that matter to you.
What does it cost?
Manchester Mind membership is free.
Opportunities for members
As a member you can get involved in Manchester Mind’s work in many ways. We appreciate all support from our local community across the city. If you are keen to take action, we’ll support you every step of the way. Potential options for you as a Member include:
- Sharing personal experiences to show the truth about mental health
- Take part in focus groups – make your voice heard
- Join our local campaigns
How to become a member
Apply in person or by post – if you prefer the form to be emailed or posted to you, please contact us on 0161 769 5732