About Manchester Volunteer Advice Partnership (MVAP)
Manchester Mind is excited to be part of a partnership of five voluntary organisations, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, providing free training and voluntary placements to Manchester residents who want to volunteer in advice services.
We work in collaboration with partner organisations Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit, Manchester Refugee Support Network, Cheetham Hill Advice Centre, and Manchester City Council Homelessness Team to share knowledge in order to pursue our shared purpose.
We believe that a just society is achievable
We have developed our advice work training programme to enable volunteers to gain the skills and confidence needed to carry out a range of roles within MVAP.
These skills are transferable and can open up other opportunities through personal development and increased knowledge.
Training opportunities are ongoing whilst you are volunteering.
We also believe:
- In the potential of every individual
- In the resourcefulness of communities
- That no one should live in poverty
- In the power of effective information and advice
We approach our work in a particular way that is shaped and guided by our core values of:
- Collaborative Communities – appreciating and embracing variety thereby harnessing collective resourcefulness
- Sharing – generously giving skills, knowledge and energy according to capacity and opportunity to pursue our shared purpose
- Trust – working in ways that enable confidence in our partnership to be high