Mental Health First Aid (Adult)
Events Date: Various dates throughout 2019 | Location: Central Manchester
Open Access Dates 25 – 26 November 2019, Manchester
Length : 2 Days
Number of Learners : Max 16
Cost : £250 + Vat per person
Also available to take place at your premises on a date to suit your needs.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised two day course which will qualify you as a Mental Health First Aider in your workplace. You will learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue while keeping yourself safe.
Who is it for :
Employees who would like to be a key point of contact to support colleagues who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Learning aims :
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress. Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
Course content :
- What is mental health, understanding of the issues, overcoming stigma and discrimination
- MHFA action plan
- Symptoms, risk factors and treatment of common mental health issues
- Signposting to treatment and resources, crisis first aid
- Self care