Mental Health First Aid (Adult)
Events Date: Various dates throughout 2020 | Location: Central Manchester & Online
Open Access Dates
All face-to-face training is currently postponed until further notice following government guidelines. Dates to be rescheduled at a later date.
This course is now available online as 4 x half days using Zoom:
AM 8, 9, 15 & 16 July 2020, ONLINE >> BOOK NOW FULLY BOOKED
PM 8, 9, 15 & 16 July 2020, ONLINE >> BOOK NOW (New date due to high demand)
7, 8, 14 & 15 September 2020, ONLINE >> BOOK NOW
14, 15, 21 & 22 October 2020, ONLINE >> BOOK NOW
23, 24, 30 November & 1 December 2020, ONLINE >> BOOK NOW
Length : 2 Days (4 x half days online)
Number of Learners : Max 16
Price: £250 + Vat pp | £2800 + Vat for up to 16 participants
All training includes hard copies of course manuals to be posted ahead of the training. Therefore, please allow at least 10 days notice before attending this course. Materials are not available online and are required to participate in the training. Certificates will be emailed to participants after completion of the course.
This course is also available to be delivered to a dedicated organisation on a date to suit your needs.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised two day course which will qualify you as a Mental Health First Aider in your workplace. You will learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue while keeping yourself safe.
Who is it for :
Employees who would like to be a key point of contact to support colleagues who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Learning aims :
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress. Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
Course content :
- What is mental health, understanding of the issues, overcoming stigma and discrimination
- MHFA action plan
- Symptoms, risk factors and treatment of common mental health issues
- Signposting to treatment and resources, crisis first aid
- Self care