Would you like to come to our beautiful allotment garden, enjoy some tasty fresh cooked food and join an important conversation about improving mental health services?
Your views are really important. Manchester Mind are here to support better mental health for everyone in Manchester. We believe in the power of listening and people being heard and involved. We know that local mental health systems and services need to change and that your experience and ideas should be part of that.
Living Well is going to be a new development in Manchester which aims to improve access to and improve the quality of the support on offer to people. We are part of the Living Well Collaborative in Manchester and are trying to influence the development based on what we already understand to be the barriers and difficulties people face. But, we also know that it is important that this collaborative hears directly from you. You, as the people with lived experience should have the opportunity to be involved in the design and to ensure your ideas are heard in a safe and positive way.
We would like to invite you, the people who we work with daily, to contribute to this process and take part in an important conversation on Tuesday 18 October.
- The Session will start at 11am and finish at 2pm
- There will be delicious food cooked using our allotment produce and it will be safe and relaxed
- You can try some gardening if you like – but no pressure. The focus will be on conversation.
- There will be Manchester Mind staff and volunteers there, as well as three people from the Living Well team to support you and enable you to have your voice heard
- You can participate in whichever way you feel you need to – entering and exiting the conversation as you wish
- You can bring a carer or a family member, they will also have vital contributions
We know that in order to contribute you will need to take time out of your day, so we will make sure we reimburse you for travel or arrange transportation to and from the event and also to say thank you we will provide you with a voucher of your choice.
If this is something you feel you would like to be a part of and/or if you have any questions please contact [email protected] or [email protected]
You can also call Tara on 07591 952 185 or speak to the person who supports you at Manchester Mind.
It is really important to us and to the Living Well Team that any new developments take account of lived experience and what helps. So we would be really grateful if you are able to attend. Hopefully it will be a positive afternoon. Tara will be able to give more detail on how to get there.