Suicide Prevention Training
Events Date: Dates available to suit your organisation | Location: Online or Face to Face
This course is available online using Zoom and face to face for organisations in Manchester. It can be booked at a time and date to suit your organisation.
Length: 3 hours
Number of Learners: Max. 14
Price: £625+VAT face to face | £550+VAT online
Discounts available for charities organisations and for Manchester Mind Charity Partners – please contact us for your discount code.
We have updated our prices for any training taking place from January 2024 onwards. We understand the challenges created by the cost of living crisis and, with this in mind, have not increased our training prices over the past two years. We have now taken the decision to revise our prices based on our own costs and needs as an organisation whilst ensuring our courses remain excellent value for money for organisations wishing to invest in mental health support.
The new price for this course will be: £750+VAT. Discounts for charities and charity partners will still apply.
As a special offer, previous rates will apply for any courses booked before 31 December 2023 to take place in January, February or March 2024.
This course is designed to build understanding and awareness of suicide and to provide some practical guidance on how you can safely support somebody who is feeling suicidal.
The training is provided in an open and safe environment.
Who is it for
This course is suitable for anybody interested in learning more about suicide prevention.
- To better understand suicide, including suicidal feelings, risk and preventative factors
- To feel more confident to safely support somebody who is suicidal
- To learn practical skills and tools that can be used to support somebody who is suicidal
- What is suicide?
- The suicide continuum
- Risk and protective factors
- Understanding suicidal feelings
- Models and action planning for situations relating to suicide
- Support and safety planning
- Having conversations with someone who is/might be feeling suicidal
- Self-care and how to support yourself
An enjoyable course with a supportive and understanding trainer with skills and experience of the subject matter.