Suicide Prevention Training
Events Date: Dates available to suit your organisation | Location: Online or Face to Face
This course is available online using Zoom and face to face for organisations in Manchester. It can be booked at a time and date to suit your organisation.
Length: 3 hours
Number of Learners: Max. 14
Price: £625 + VAT face to face | £550 + VAT online
Discounts available for Charity/Third Sector in Manchester – please enquire for your discount code.
This course is designed to build understanding and awareness of suicide and to provide some practical guidance on how you can safely support somebody who is feeling suicidal.
The training is provided in an open and safe environment.
Who is it for
This course is suitable for anybody interested in learning more about suicide prevention.
- To better understand suicide, including suicidal feelings, risk and preventative factors
- To feel more confident to safely support somebody who is suicidal
- To learn practical skills and tools that can be used to support somebody who is suicidal
- What is suicide?
- The suicide continuum
- Risk and protective factors
- Understanding suicidal feelings
- Models and action planning for situations relating to suicide
- Support and safety planning
- Having conversations with someone who is/might be feeling suicidal
- Self-care and how to support yourself
An enjoyable course with a supportive and understanding trainer with skills and experience of the subject matter.