Mental Health Awareness Training
Events Date: 5th February 2020 | Location: Central Manchester
Open Access Dates
5 February 2020, Manchester >> BOOK NOW
24 March 2020, Manchester >> BOOK NOW
13 May 2020, Manchester >> BOOK NOW
7 July 2020, Manchester >> BOOK NOW
9 September 2020, Manchester >> BOOK NOW
13 October 2020, Manchester >> BOOK NOW
26 November 2020, Manchester >> BOOK NOW
Length : Half Day
Number of Learners : Max 16
Cost : £75 + Vat per person
Also available to take place at your premises on a date to suit your needs; Half Day rate: £750 + Vat for up to 16 delegates.
This course is the ideal introduction for any employee to gain increased knowledge, confidence and awareness surrounding mental health issues and basic knowledge of how to support their own mental health, and that of colleagues and clients.
Who is it for :
All employees and volunteers
Learning aims :
- To examine the preconceptions and fears surrounding mental health
- To increase awareness of mental health issues and the impact that poor mental health has on an individual’s day to day life
- To increase knowledge and confidence when supporting people with mental health issues
Course content :
- What is mental health?
- The mental health continuum
- Myths & Stereotypes
- Causes, signs and symptoms of key mental health conditions (depression, anxiety, psychosis, schizophrenia).
- How to support someone in mental distress
- Signposting to local and national support