Mental Health Awareness Training
Events Date: Various dates throughout 2020 | Location: Currently available live online
Open Access Dates
Length : Half Day (3 hours)
Number of Learners : Max 16
Price: Online £50 + Vat pp | Face-to-Face £75 + Vat pp
Customer Price (up to 16 participants): Online £500 + Vat | Face-to-Face £750 + Vat
Face-to-Face training includes hard copies of course materials, and our expert trainer will travel to a venue on a date to suit your needs.
Online training will include online resources and materials to access at your leisure.
This course is the ideal introduction for any employee to gain increased knowledge, confidence and awareness surrounding mental health issues and basic knowledge of how to support their own mental health, and that of colleagues and clients.
Who is it for :
All employees and volunteers
Learning aims :
- To examine the preconceptions and fears surrounding mental health
- To increase awareness of mental health issues and the impact that poor mental health has on an individual’s day to day life
- To increase knowledge and confidence when supporting people with mental health issues
Course content :
- What is mental health?
- The mental health continuum
- Myths & Stereotypes
- Causes, signs and symptoms of key mental health conditions (depression, anxiety, psychosis, schizophrenia).
- How to support someone in mental distress
- Signposting to local and national support