Finding a Healthy Balance: Managing Stress, and Building Healthy Habits
Events Date: Dates available to suit your organisation | Location: Currently available live online
Open Access Dates
This course is available online using Zoom and can be booked on a date and time to suit your organisation.
Length : 90 Minutes
Number of Learners : Max 20
Price: £275 + Vat for up to 20 participants
We can also facilitate regular sessions. 30% discounts available for VCSE Sector – please enquire for your discount code.
Profit that we make from training is invested back into our charity to enable us to continue to provide and develop services for young people and adults at a time when these services are never more needed.
This 90 minute session gives staff and volunteers an introduction to wellbeing and provides some basic strategies for achieving balance and managing stress in their own lives. It combines experiential learning with discussion and interactive practical exercises.
The training is supported by a handout which includes practical examples of relaxation and meditation exercises for use at work and home as well as an outline of the five ways to wellbeing.
Who is it for
This course is suitable for all staff. You do not need any previous training in mental health or wellbeing to attend.
- To get a broad understanding (function and purpose, impacts) of autonomic nervous system (parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems) and an awareness of the impact of stress and anxiety on our mental and physical health.
- To be able to use the five ways to wellbeing as a framework for developing a personal wellbeing strategy.
- Experience a variety of techniques to calm the nervous system
- Learn about five ways to wellbeing and understand how they can help build resilience
- Applying five ways to wellbeing in current life
- Reflect and connect with others
- Set a self-care menu
You will leave with a toolkit of strategies and techniques to help with anxiety, and an idea of small actions you can take in daily life to increase wellbeing and resilience.
Open, friendly atmosphere. Tutor was very knowledgeable. Session was perfectly paced for a ‘bitesize’ session – still had plenty of interaction and opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues.