Local Mind Week 1-7 August 2023
From Tuesday 1 August 2023 we are marking Local Mind Week.
Did you know?
- There are over 100 local Minds across England, Wales and the Channel Islands
- Local Minds supported more people than ever last year (2022/23). 422,450 people we’re supported by a local Mind (up from 403,797 in 2021/22).
- Local Minds provided 1188 unique services last year
- Local Minds employed 5,468 people last year (full time equivalent)
- 427,201 people volunteered at their local Mind last year
- 877 trustees provided support at board level
Last year, we marked our first ever Local Mind Week to recognise all the work done by #YourLocalMind.
We believe that no one should face a mental health problem alone. So here at Manchester Mind we support local people to feel valued and improve their mental health.
What does #YourLocalMind do?
Even though we are all one big family and work alongside national Mind, Manchester Mind raises funds independently to help support the mental health of people in Manchester.
We’re proud to be part of the Mind family. We share knowledge and ideas. And nationally, Mind helps to support our work, but there are unique benefits to #YourLocalMind.
Being local, means we understand our community – so we provide responsive mental health services that meet changing local needs. We believe in the power of listening and being heard, so we can offer the right support for people in Manchester. Last year we supported over 6,300 adults and young people.
Help us to do more locally by making a donation or fundraise for us. Supporting #YourLocalMind means your donations have a direct and very real impact on our community here in Manchester.
Throughout the week we will be sharing stories on our social media channels, so please help us spread the word about the work we do. Thank you.
We have been delivering support for the local community from Hulme in Manchester since 1989 under the name HARP. In 2011 we became Manchester Mind.
#YourLocalMind’s services include:
- Food For All services including our Allotment Gardening Sessions and Support Sessions
- Peer Support Groups for adults and young people
- Mums Matter supporting new mums in Manchester
- Mindfulness courses