Mums Matter: Supporting New Mums
Events Date: Our next courses will start on Wednesday 28 April and Thursday 6 May. | Location: Via Zoom
Our next courses will start on Wednesday 28 April and Thursday 6 May.
Becoming a new Mum is a life changing experience for all women. Pregnancy and motherhood is often imagined to be a time of great joy, happiness and excitement. However, the reality for many mums can be far from this – with women not only coping with huge physical changes but also changes in their emotions, relationships, sleep, routine and other areas of their lives.
For many women being a new mum can be a difficult, exhausting, frightening and stressful experience. Many women also struggle with loneliness especially those without the support of friends and family.
If you are a mum, living in North Manchester aged 18 years or over, please read on for further information and how to get in touch to register your interest.
- This course is to support mums experiencing mental health challenges such as worrying thoughts, anxiety and postnatal depression.
- This course will be delivered virtually for eight weeks and each session lasts about two hours.
- The course was developed by CPSL Mind in conjunction with national Mind and has taken the ideas and suggestions of 30 women with lived experience of perinatal mental health issues and moulded them into a course.
- You will collect a range of tools to use in your daily life and prompts to nurture yourself to keep well.
- There are two unstructured sessions at the end where you will be able to decide as a group, how to strengthen your social connections as a Mums Matter support group.
- A separate additional session has also been designed for people who support you so they can learn how to continue to help.
- Referrals can be made by any professional supporting pregnant women and new mums including Health Visitors, GPs or Midwifes.
- We also accept self-referrals from new mums who feel that they would benefit from the service.
If you would like to know more about the support we can offer then please ring Carrie on 07592 376720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is kindly supported by Manchester City Council and Manchester Health & Care Commissioning.