Mental Health Awareness and Supporting Young People Training
Events Date: No current course dates, please enquire to register your interest | Location: Central Manchester
Open Access Dates
There are currently no planned dates for this course. Please enquire to register your interest.
Length : 1 Day (includes Mental Health Awareness)
Number of Learners : Max 16
Cost : £125 + Vat per person
Also available to take place at your premises on a date to suit your needs.
This course will enable staff and volunteers to increase their knowledge and awareness of mental health issues and improve their ability to support students and young people (aged 15-25) who might be experiencing difficulties.
Who is it for :
Staff and volunteers who work with young people aged 15-25
Learning aims :
- To examine the preconceptions and fears surrounding mental health
- To increase awareness of mental health issues and recognise the early signs of poor mental health (early intervention)
- To be aware of the impact that poor mental health has on an individual’s day to day life
- To increase knowledge and confidence when supporting young people with mental health issues and also consider self-care
Course content :
- Understanding of mental health, myths and stereotypes and the mental health continuum. Causes, signs and symptoms of key mental health issues
- How to support someone in mental distress or someone who might be feeling suicidal
- Making reasonable adjustments for students
- Providing support whilst maintaining professional boundaries