Free Community Training for Manchester Residents
Events Date: Various dates | Location: Zion Community Resource Centre
Due to funding restrictions these courses are only open to people living in the city of Manchester, i.e. those with postcodes beginning ‘M’ followed by 1, 2, 3 (Manchester not Salford), 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (Manchester not Trafford), 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 40 or 90.
Mental Health Awareness (Half day course)
Tuesdays 17 September, 29 October and 3 December, 1-4pm
- What is mental health?
- The mental health continuum
- Common myths and stereotypes
- Causes, signs and symptoms of key mental health conditions (including depression, anxiety, psychosis, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, schizophrenia)
- What can you do if you see someone struggling
- Signposting to local and national support agencies
Assertiveness and Confidence (One day course)
2 July and 26 November
- Guidance in overcoming anxiety and building resilience in difficult situations
- Learning different assertive techniques to apply to everyday situations
Skills for Work and Basic Interview Techniques (Two day course)
15 and 22 October
- Identifying your own skills needed for the workplace
- Building confidence in seeking work
- Practising interview skills and techniques in a safe and supportive environment
Presentation Skills (Two day course)
5 and 19 November
- Practical information on how to deliver presentations
- Build confidence in speaking in public
- Practice presenting in a safe and supportive environment
Coming soon….. a one day building resilience and emotional well-being course (August 2019)
If you would like to book a place on any of these courses please email email@example.com
Affordable lunch options are also available from our community café when you attend your course.
What previous attendees have said:
The staff were great, easy to talk to and overall great training session. Best one I have been on.
I feel like I understand a lot more and feel very interested in learning more, it’s really opened my eyes.